Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We certainly did! We left last Friday and went to Gigi and PawPaw's (Kenny's parents) for Guest Family Christmas. We had lots of fun spending time with the cousins, playing on the farm, collecting rocks in an old creek bed, building a Gingerbread train and of course, opening presents. We left Sunday and drove to Austin. We had lunch at Yaya and Grumpy's then loaded up again and drove to San Antonio. We checked into the Marriott on the Riverwalk - very nice! We met up with the Carnes (good family friends) and had a wonderful time seeing the lights on the Riverwalk via the river barge, having a fantastic dinner at a restaurant on the Riverwalk called Luciano's (a GREAT place to eat if ever down that way), and visiting with great friends and family. Carson loved it and is still talking about it. Collier slept through the first part of the barge ride, but woke up in time to see some lights and was mesmerized. It was really cold on Sunday night, but we all agreed (well, maybe not all of us) that it got cold just in time b/c it might not have been the same looking at Christmas lights in 70 degree weather (it was like 75 degrees at the farm Sat). So, we all bundled up and braved the cold - hey, it got us ready for Santa Fe. Monday morning we woke up and went to have brunch at Mi Tierra (a San Antonio landmark). The Christmas decorations were amazing and the food was the same. This is another must do while in SA - they are open 24 hours a day! We left there and stopped off at the Beasley homestead to visit with Shannon and the girls...Mike was in Castroville, so we missed seeing him. We had a much too short visit with them, but great as always, before heading back to Austin. Molly flew in on Monday at noon from CA. We went to get Marmee (Amy's grandmother) and had "Christmas Eve" on Monday night. Of course we had the traditional tamale dinner, but this year added Tortilla soup (Carson's fave) - yum! It was a fun night, but we really missed having Em and Henry there. We got everyone in bed. Carson woke everyone up early the next morning, yes, I know you are shocked, to see what Santa had left. The look on his face was priceless when he saw his new bike, without training wheels (exactly what he had asked for), by the tree. He was thrilled! Luckily, Santa left the training wheels so that he could practice riding his new, much bigger, bike with them. Collier slept in, so we got to do it all again when he got up a hour and half later. Carson had fun helping Collier check out his toys. Then, the we had what will be forever referred to as "The Fire Incident of Christmas 2008" while we were eating brunch. I know most everyone reading this already knows about it, so I won't go into detail, but for those with boys...beware of fire! Luckily, Carson did not burn down the house, only a HUGE hole in Yaya's carpet, and all ended fairly well. I know we will laugh about it in years to come, but this year I am just extremely greatful for the outcome. I think, I hope, that Carson learned a lesson about playing with fire. We loaded up the car, which was really full, and headed back to Frisco. It was a really good thing the dogs stayed at the farm (since we are going to Santa Fe next week), otherwise we would not have gotten it all home. I absolutely hated to leave. As we climed into bed Tuesday night Kenny said "I am glad to be home" (as we always say after being gone), and I said "Not me". It was hard not be with family on Christmas, but someone had to work, babies don't care what day it is! :)I worked Christmas Eve (but got off early enough to go to the Christmas Eve service with K and the boys, which I was very thankful for) and Christmas Day. We delivered 4 babies Christmas Day! I will be glad I worked Christmas this year, come this time next year. The boys are still small enough that they don't know the difference...when we celebrate, just as long as we do. We spent Christmas night over at good friends, the Carters. It was a wonderful holiday, full of good memories. We feel so blessed to have had such an incredible year to look back on. We feel certain that 2009 will be even better!
*
There were just too many great pics to post here, so I set up a slideshow over to the side. Just click on the picture and it will blow it up bigger so that you can view them.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment