One morning a few weeks ago during church, Carson came back from Children's Chapel with this card. When I looked at it I initially thought he had said "PawPaw" (what the kids call Kenny's Dad) and the teacher had written "Papa". I leaned over and asked him "Who did you pray for today?". He said "Papa...you know Mommy the one who lived with Marmee...the one who died?" I had to leave the sanctuary because I was crying so hard! When I came back in one of the ladies standing at the back asked me if I was ok (because I am sure I looked like a mess). I told her what had happened and she said "well, God must have been talking to Carson about Papa, you know kids can hear God much better than adults can". I think it is so interesting that Carson thought of him. Although, we do talk about him from time to time, Carson never really KNEW him. He was a baby when Papa started showing signs of Alzheimer's Disease and once he became very sick, we took Carson to see him very rarely. Carson had just turned 5 when Papa died.
On the way home from church I asked Carson why he had prayed specifically for Papa. He shrugged and said "I don't know, I was just thinking about him". I told him that made my heart very happy!

No comments:
Post a Comment